I have over 10 years’ experience working in Retail Banking here in the UK in a wide range of roles. I’ve managed teams, I’ve delivered new products to the market, and I completed a life-changing Leadership course which kick-started my passion for productivity and self-development. Oh, and I occasionally post videos over at YouTube and have created some classes on Skillshare.
Fair to say, I've learnt a lot along the way. The single most important thing I've learnt about productivity is that most people rely on motivation to get things done. The problem though is that motivation comes in waves. My approach to productivity is to create easy, frictionless systems so that you don't need to rely on motivation to get things done.
"I'm here to help you be productive in the chaos that is life".
More About Me
- I met my wife at work when we were both 21. It was love at first sight for me, and I spent 3 months trying to woo her before she finally gave in. We got married 3 years later 👩❤️👨
- We have two wonderful boys that keep us on our toes, but watching them grow into their own little personalities is one of life's great gifts 👨👩👦👦
- I live in the UK. It's meh most of the time, but it's home 🇬🇧
- I used to be massively overweight at 196lbs and dropped to 180lbs for my wedding. I fell in love with health, fitness, and nutrition. The lowest I've weighed as an adult was 165lbs in 2019 but I became skinny fat. I've since put on a lot of weight and am now working towards getting shredded 💪🏼
- I love playing golf 🏌🏻and my soccer team is Liverpool Football Club ⚽️
- I used to read a lot of non-fiction, self-development books but I've recently found a love for fantasy books (come on Patrick Rothfuss, release The Doors of Stone already!) 📚
- I started a basic, entry-level job at a UK bank 3 days after handing in my university dissertation, and have worked in Retail Banking ever since 🎓
- I've held various roles including managing a portfolio of commercial banking accounts worth over £1bn, driving research & customer experience across the bank, managing suppliers with contracts worth £20m per annum, managing mortgage products and rates, and creating and delivering new and innovative products and propositions to the market 📈
- I've managed small teams and led larger delivery teams of over 20 people
- I've gone from being minute taker to presenting to Executive Committees 🗣️
- I've been a coach and mentor 👨🏻⚕️
- I completed a gruelling 2 year leadership programme that was truly life-changing 🏆
- I was a Board member at a local charity for young carers where I used my commercial experience to negotiate a reduction in annual premises rent and secure a new funding grant for the charity. I also put my creative skills to good use to modernise their marketing material 🌎